Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Past, future, and present reads

One of my {unofficial} New Year's Resolutions for this year is to read more. Although I was once an avid reader, that passion faded when I got to high school and was required to read books on the
teacher's time, not mine. I just finished/sparknoted The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for AP Lang, one of the few Literature classes I've enjoyed ever. Loooooved it. The next book I plan on reading is certainly a toss-up. I'm considering Breakfast at Tiffany's (which, and please don't judge me!, I didn't even know was a book until last
week until my fellow intern told me she was reading it). I'd also like to read Great Expectations or something by
Jane Austen. I've started Emma, Sense and Sensibility, and Pride and Prejudice but haven't held enough of an interest to complete them. Currently, I'm reading A Farewell to Arms. It's the first thing I've ever read of Hemingway's and so far I love it. I was certainly surprised to find how easily Henry snatched up Catherine Barkley from his friend, who didn't even seem affected by it! These books will almost certainly be accompanied by my other reads: study books for AP exams, The Guardian, The New York Times, and various other books which all focus on saving money and finding scholarships for college.

Leigh

1 comment: