Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it snow! And let that snow cancel school for nearly a week


The Atlanta metro area was ever so rudely bombarded by ice and snow on Sunday night, ~10 PM. It was so exciting at the start! It was even exciting into Monday... Then Monday became Tuesday. I was still excited! Then Tuesday became today, and I haven't been outside of my house all day. I think I'm becoming slightly perturbed by the very presence of this awesome white stuff, but only because that white stuff subsequently became ice. On the roads which I, being sixteen and with vehicle, would like to drive. I told my mom that I have "cabin fever" and she suggested that I clean my room. Yeeeeee, what a great solution... Anyway, I love snow and all. Really, I do! Six inches! 1/2 an inch of ice! Four days- 4!!!- away from school. I love not having school, because school really bothers me sometimes. However, as aforementioned I would loooooooove to escape my humble abode to, say, Starbucks.

Highlights of the week (in no particular order):
  • Seeking refuge in CVS with Sarah on Monday for an hour, just eating snacks
  • Sledding in my front yard
  • Sledding on a HUGE hill on the side of the road
  • Videochatting with my favorite freshman, Alex L., every night
  • Asking her to do hilarious things for my amusement
  • Sleeping in
  • Watching Amélie and, in turn, finding out I love foreign films
  • Running into Lauren & Lina on my way to Dani's/CVS!
Lowlights (?) of the week (in no particular order):
  • Getting blisters on my heels
  • Losing a glove :(
  • Being hungry
  • Neglecting my homework, laundry, etc.
  • Watching A Very Long Engagement and being disappointed, mostly because it was a bit too--for lack of a better term--gore-y in the beginning.
  • Having this darn ol' Cabin Fever
  • Knowing I'll eventually have to return to school
  • Falling in the CVS parking lot
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment