Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Favorite healthy foods




Hi again! I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite healthy snacks. I'm really bad at eating healthy but here goes!

1. Del Monte Fruit Naturals: Red Grapefruit
Since I'm still in high school and I bring a lunch, my food has to be very portable! I love grapefruit and grapefruit juice, so this is perfect for me.

2. Fage greek yogurt with honey
Oh my goodness. Fage yogurt is probably one of my favorite things to eat. I strictly requested the honey kind but recen
tly found out that basically each flavor the company sells is amazing! Still, honey flavor is the best :) Don't f
orget to stir the yogurt before putting in the honey!

3. Hummus
So I have forever found hummus disgusting. Seriously, I hated it! But my friend Annabelle got some great roasted red pepper hummus from Whole Foods and I loved it. Yesterday I was at my best friend Dani's house and she had carrots and Sabra pine nut hummus on the table. I started munching an
d couldn't stop! I guess my rule for hummus is eat it with veggies! The texture of chickpeas is already too dry for me, so pita chips + hummus = not too appetizing. Bell peppers and carrots balance the dryness with their crunchy-ness, smoothness, and sweetness.


No comments:

Post a Comment