Sunday, February 14, 2010

As we say goodbye, we always wonder...

What happens next? The thoughts going through our heads are not, "I'm excited to turn the next page." They are, "Why did so much change so fast? Where do I go from here? I'm not sure I can find my way again."

Today is Valentine's Day and I'm definitely not upset that I'm "alone," because I'm honestly not lonely. I have great friends who I hung out with tonight, a very loving family, and a remotely satisfied existence. However, I do today find myself missing those I have never known and those I knew my whole life.

Let's start with a recent loss: Nodar Khokhobashvili, the Georgian luger, who lost his life on Saturday. I feel as if no words can adequately describe this man's tragic end. He went after his dream, got to the TOP of his game, and in a matter of seconds had the world taken away from him. How could have this happened to someone so unsuspecting, so undeserving? It makes me wonder why things like this happen. Does the story from kindergarten hold true, that God needs more angels? I'm always wondering. I just wonder a little bit more about things like this, where innocent people can have so much success and then find it whipped away without fair warning. Life is confusing. His Olympic team was so solemn as they walked into the arena at the opening ceremony. No smiles. The only message being sent was through their black arm bands of mourning. I truly think that mourning can only be like that for people of a certain caliber. The Georgians were not, as one could say, exaggerating their sadness by crying or waving their arms around or even refusing to walk. Oh how they walked, with those black arm bands throbbing against the white of their coats.

You know what? I just realized I can't do this post. I don't think I can do it yet... It's too hard. Plus, I am a little sleepy. To wrap things up, I wish I was stronger... I wish I could talk about things that wouldn't make me cry and I wish I didn't have to regret what I've done in the past. I wish I also didn't have to regret not jumping on opportunities or telling people who I care about how much I really do care for them. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment